Terms and Conditions
Don't worry, just some necessary legal stuff
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the DIY book covers website and all content, services and products available at or through the website.
By purchasing from DIY Covers, you agree to all of the Terms and Conditions. If you do not agree, please do not purchase and/or use the DIY Cover services or products.
- Copyright. All included images are royalty free, but are not meant to be used in your own designs.
- Purchase includes license to make unlimited book covers from the templates.
- You can also make book covers for other people, but you cannot gift the entire package to someone else.
- DIY Covers does not provide the fonts and images, you will need to purchase these separately.
- Support Policy. Technical support and templates upgrades are provided electronically only (via the support forum and email, no telephone support) to customers who have purchased the DIY covers package. I (Derek Murphy) am happy to help if you are having trouble getting these templates to work for your book cover or you find a bug. I also don't mind helping if you need a light modification. However any major modification that involves serious design work is not supported - I can help with your cover if you've figured out just what you want and have the images and fonts, but I won't make it for you.
- Refund Policy. I want to make sure you are happy with your purchase and that it gives you what you need. If you are unsatisfied for any reason, or can't use the templates to make the cover you wanted, I'll issue a full refund within 30 days of your purchase from DIYbookcovers.com.
- Price Changes. DIYcovers reserves the right to change the price of the package at any time. Any price change will be reflected on the website. In the event that any price is lowered, you will not be entitled to a refund in the difference in the price.
- Right to Refuse Service. We are friendly, professional people, and expect you to be the same. Please always be kind and courteous to us and to members of the community. We will not tolerate abusive or offensive behavior of any kind. We reserve the right to stop providing service to you and terminate your support at any time, for any reason.
- Disclaimer of Warranties. The services and templates are provided “as is”. DIYcovers hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither DIYcovers nor its suppliers make any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
- Limitation of Liability. In no event will DIYcovers or its creators be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to DIYcovers under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. DIYcovers shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law.
- Indemnification. You agree to indemnify and hold harmless DIYcovers, its creators from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement.